In the Community
At North Lakes Hotel & Spa we understand the importance of supporting our local community.
From hosting free events where local businesses can showcase their products, to getting involved with local schools and colleges to inspire the next generation of hospitality professionals, here are a few of the things we've been up to recently.
- Working alongside the Teachers and Governors at Samuel Kings School, Alston to provide support with students on: CV Writing, Interview Skills and Sustainability Projects in conjunction with Eden Council
- Supporting the Centre For Leadership & Performance with Dream Placement, Leading Change and Skills Blox Programmes, going into school and working alongside students at Keswick and Flimby School
- Inspiring Cumbria’s young future leaders through the Cumbria Future Leader Podcasts
- Supporting Kendal College with student visits to the hotel and Recruitment Focus Groups, whilst also offering work experience opportunities to their students throughout the hotel.
- Taking part in the Local Skills Improvement Plan
- Supporting Local and National Charities with donations of prizes for charitable auctions, and contributions from some of our food sales and dog-friendly rooms – such as the Eden Mind and Dogs Trust.
- Supporting Guide Dogs For The Blind Association with their training programmes
- Local community events such as our Christmas Market and Food and Drink Market, enabling local businesses to exhibit for free
- Working in conjunction with Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and In Cumbria Magazine in offering free networking for local business leaders to meet and do business.